Forrest Wang Lost – The Devil’s Advocate Perspective

ForrestWang.AMdrift

Behind the hype train of hate, confusion, and misinformation I am delaying the 10 Things post until tomorrow to whip up a full and in-depth review of the Forrest Wang vs. Chris Forsberg Top 16 battle. The fans and viewers keep screaming for consistency and rules to apply so Formula Drift can be more clear cut. Well, let’s dig deep into this one.

FormulaDriftAccelerationMap

This map was displayed clearly and discussed during the mandatory drivers meeting. This is referred to as an acceleration/deceleration map. The denotations of green should be a section of the course where you are on throttle and the red sections are acceptable braking/slowing down areas. This is a pretty clear understanding of the course. To promote very close proximity and tandem battles you have these maps so drifters can run close tandem and understand/expect where drivers will scrub speed/slow down.

MadMikeWhiddett

In fact, Mad Mike Whiddett addressed this very topic in the drivers meeting after going over the accel/deaccel map. Mad Mike went on to ask about having big angle off the bank and slowing up/scrubbing speed. The judges replied to him no, they want to see a nice balance of angle and speed, while being on throttle, to set up a re-initiation for outer zone two (seen above).

Top 32 versus Tyler McQuarrie

ForrestWang.TylerMcQuarrie

In the Top 32 battle it is pretty easy to see why Forrest Wang was the victor. In no way do I see the judges rewarding Forrest Wang for his violation of the rules above. In fact, I imagine he was probably docked points for these actions. However, Tyler McQuarrie drove worse than a first time Pro Am drifter against him. That means, in a mistake versus mistake analysis Wang clearly was the winner with far less mistakes and cleaner runs.

Screenshot 2016-06-20 15.02.37
Screenshot 2016-06-20 15.02.46
Screenshot 2016-06-20 15.03.20

The judges call OMT here when I actually think Wang earned the win. The only real error I see Wang making was on his chase run he left the track on the inner bank which probably even outed the run in the judges mind, who were all three consistent on the call. The OMT battle had Andy Yen favoring Forrest Wang and the other two judges going OMT again. Tyler did a little bit better overall on this battle and I think it should be noted Forrest Wang was much faster across that section in the OMT battle visually. He is on throttle, less smoke, more angle.

Top 16

Screenshot 2016-06-20 15.10.50

Thanks Shoot First Media for this side by side screen shot here that will lead us into the Top 16 battle because I don’t want to analyze this Top 32 battle to death. I think if McQuarrie was simply cleaner/smoother around the course and better in the follow position he gets a win here. Note above, in this side-by-side video the amount of smoke Forrest is making from Top 32 to Top 16.

Forsberg gets the win! #throwingangleishismo #throwingangleallday #greatjobavoidingcontact #mimictheleadcar

A video posted by jeff woodruff (@jazzy_jz_jeff) on

If you still have serious dispute over the contact in question, this angle clearly shows zero smoke coming from Wang’s tires in slow motion. It does cut away at times to the front of the car for some reason but he is clearly not accelerating in an acceleration zone (See graph above).

ForrestWang.AMdrift 13499559_10209481045248006_1619662041_o I spent hour of my day overlooking content, video, clips, and speaking to other drivers/teams in the paddock about this battle. The conclusion I came to is the judges were 100% consistent with the guidelines they set out for the race. Everyone talks about a lack of consistency, but I just don’t see it. I cannot find any evidence of Forrest Wang even being on throttle (visual sounds from fan videos) and these images from David at AMDrift clearly just show no new smoke being produced by the car. NOW, do I agree with those guidelines they put forward is a whole other can of worms I am not going to explore. Everyone is crying for the judges to be clear and consistent and I just don’t see where the lack of this is. ForrestWang If this is truly a Forrest Wang retirement from Formula Drift I think the timing is poor for him and I will leave my thoughts on that announcement at just that. I do really hope he returns to Formula Drift at some point to compete as the most stylish drifter in America.

UPDATED 6/21/2016 at 9:00AM PST:  Here are three notes I wanted to add to this story on our end.

1. Here is Chris Forsberg following Forrest in Tandem:

2. Had several people tell us that Forsberg’s brake lights were not working and he didn’t use them. David Karey at AmDrift was kind enough to provide/post this: 13402627_145578389194606_1020997007_n

3. Forrest Wang’s car does look broken by all accounts coming off the bank. I won’t speculator further and it is just my opinion :

We love @forrestwang808 but it’s time y’all see something important during his battle with @chrisforsberg64. No stealing this like a douche. Use a proper repost program or you get treated like a dumbass. Vid and photos by @davidkarey the magnificent. @formulad #fdnj

A video posted by @amdrift on

Thanks for doing detective work AmDrift!

I attended my first drift event at Road Atlanta in 2005 while shooting for Import Racer Magazine (RIP). Since then I have produced drift content for PAS Magazine, Modified Magazine, Drifting Magazine (RIP), and many more publications. I was the producer of the movie Slide America and then helped found this website in 2007.

1. Beetfarmer89 says:

Why isn’t this Accel/Decel map shown on the live stream before competition starts? They show the course preview but it is in black and white. At least this would give fans an idea of what should be happening.

Also, drifting is a complicated sport. It often operates in the grey area. Why can’t FD have Ryan and Jarod or the judges themselves, get in front of the camera and spend 5 minutes explaining the sport, how points are accumulated, what they are expecting from the drivers, etc.

The lack of this explanation is clearly causing unnecessary confusion with the drivers and the fans.

2. Crispy says:

And before this debacle is even over, we find out Forsbergs brake light indicator strips above the windshields weren’t working at all during competition. If FD was consistent, which seems to be the buzzword recently, they would give Forsberg the same treatment as Denofa, but we’ll have to wait see what action they take, if any.

What if he ran the same line, angle, and speed in qualifying?

4. Garret nuts says:

Hi.

So.

Your wrong Joey. And not for what you think. The reason Forrest left has not yet been annoyed.

And out of respect for the industry.

Thanks
    That guy

5. hotrodBOB says:

IT’S CLEAR AS DAY he was off throttle at the clip. When Forrest runs he’s a smoke machine but when you watch the run… Where’s the smoke? Honestly he’s an awesome driver, a blast to watch and fd needs drivers like him but he’s kind of a bitch. Bad look dude calling your retirement after this one… Kinda reminds me of another cry fest he had last year haha.

6. Joey R says:

What exactly am I wrong about @Garret nuts ?

“If this is truly a Forrest Wang retirement from Formula Drift I think the timing is poor for him”

I never provided a reason nor implied this incident was the reason.
    I simply said it is poor timing, regardless of the reason he has, I stand by that statement.

7. Lawntang says:

@Blaze 1 What he ran in Qualifying is irrelevant. We ask the drivers to run as close to a 100 point qualifying run when in the lead position, not to run their qualifying run. He clearly did not do what he asked in the driver’s meeting in that area, which we will look at as an error. And again, we compare lead runs and we compare chase runs. Forsberg drove past Inside Clip 1 with good pace and angle, which is what we asked for.

Also, to those who say he was doing that “all day”, he wasn’t. Watch the 3 lead runs from his 3 battles with McQuarrie. The first one was the worst slowdown against McQuarrie, and his 2nd and 3rd lead runs are actually pretty clean through Inside Clip 1, with the 2nd being very good in that area as a matter of fact.

Then against Forsberg he performed the biggest slowdown of his 4 runs that day in competition, resulting in the contact. I deemed Wang to be at fault for the contact, as he was off throttle and slowing in an on-throttle or non-slowdown area.

We denote these areas on track so that chase drivers can be confident that they can achieve and maintain the close proximity we ask of them without fear of the lead driver playing games like slowing down/brake checking on purpose, or making a mistake and getting away with it. I am not saying Wang did it on purpose, but I see it as an error, thus he is at fault.

Ryan

8. Garret nuts says:

Ryan

Show me when Chris hit the brakes …….

Joey

Forrest leave is not to do with a call….

9. Joey R says:

Show me where I said that.

10. OriginalDrifter says:

Ryan, glad you are on here.

You sounded somewhat angered at fans/ the sport in the interview during the stream.

I think consistency is an issue. Let me bring up Denofa v. McQuarrie in 2012 at the wall. In that battle, McQ hits the wall, Denofa follows his line and makes contact because McQ isn’t even an amateur spec driver and flies into the wall, yet somehow you guys faulted Denofa?

But this round, somehow the chase driver (Forseberg) wasn’t at fault?

Seems… inconsistent… no?

Obviously it seems every round there is inconstancy with judging – especially when the same drivers seem to historically get the 50/50 calls from you guys.

Are my concerns legitimate?

11. GetsFucked says:

Oh please, your calls were obviously favoring Forcemywaythrough-berg. Your series has become a joke, and you hold double standards. I love the sport but don’t forget your roots, this isn’t NASCAR on ice.

12. Mike Collins says:

@ryan a lot of this confusion could be avoided if FD would just do a better job of explaining what is asked of the drivers and provide the diagrams from the drivers meeting to the fans. The judges need to start putting pressure on Sage and whoever necessary in order to get more information to the fans prior to the start of the event with recaps throughout and explanations of the judges calls.

Until a better effort is made to inform the fans, only more confusion and anger will come of instances like this.

13. Sean says:

No comment on the broken control arm/crazy toe out coming off the bank?

14. Bakka says:

This isn’t about what Forrest did or didn’t do. It is what Chris did. If you watch the videos of the battle, Chris has almost no angle, probably one of the shallowest angle of the day coming off the bank, he didn’t try to correct it by using ebrake or clutch kick, just kept going “straight”. As he was getting closer to Forrest, you can hear Chris accelerate to hit him.

This was planned before, as he knew that first battle was close and he knew that he can’t match Forrest’s angle on the bank or off the bank. Only way he knew he could win was to accelerate into Forrest in that section and hit him to make it look worse than it really was. Chris is one of the best followers in FD, he didnt try to slow down or even add more angle to match Forrest. He did the opposite by accelerating to let the judges know that Forrest made a mistake.

What about the rule of follower has to mimic the lead car, even if its offline?

Basically next time a lead car makes a mistake, the chase car can just ram into the lead car and win. Tyler shouldve just rammed into Forrest, he couldve won outright, instead of going to 3 OMT, which was amazing and exciting to watch.

Formula Derby for the win.

Ray Shake of MA Motorsports gave Forrest a finger as he was leaving the track. They knew it was going to happen. Why was the brake light on Chris’s car not working? This was intentional, and Forrest couldve been seriously hurt.

15. Lawntang says:

@ Mike Collins

I agree, and we are planning to address it. We tried it before but I kept forgetting my notes. It also took a lot of time with the old format, hopefully we can streamline it.

@OringialDrifter

2012 is a stretch. This is 2016, and a lot of things have changed since 2012 if you haven’t noticed. I understand that we need to be consistent, but our consistency can’t stretch back more than a year or two with certain things as we’re constantly modifying and improving the system to adapt. There’s an explainer coming out in the near future (hopefully tomorrow) on here for a few controversial battles from New Jersey.

@Garret nuts

Driving that close at those speeds through smoke makes it very difficult for a chase driver to see someone slowing down ahead of him when that car is sideways and not on the brakes himself. Which is why the acceleration/deceleration map was created. That way we as judges can specify where acceleration and deceleration can be expected on the track, so they feel confident that they can drive that close at those speeds through smoke and expect the lead car to still be accelerating or at least maintaining pace. Otherwise, the lead car could do what Forrest did (whether intentional or not, and I’m not saying Forrest did it on purpose, it was simply an error), cause a hit to draw the foul and move on.

16. OriginalDrifter says:

Ryan, I appreciate the response.

You say 2012 is a stretch yet the series has been around since 04, 12 isn’t that long ago. You have to understand that is why there is controversy, it seems as though you guys constantly update rules to fit the day.

Assuming no conspiracy, definitely don’t over think it, which you guys definitely seem guilty of occasionally. When the thousands of butts in the stand and even more people online disagree with the call, you may be guilty of over thinking the call.

Bottom line – chase car came in shallow and hit lead car. Lead car wasn’t spinning, may have slowed but definitely didn’t stop, the fault definitely lies with the chase car. Forseberg wasn’t anywhere near max angle for the clip, if you watch the replay. He came in super shallow, so you could place just as much blame there as you can on the lead getting “too much angle”, no?

17. OriginalDrifter says:

Just want to say I am not attempting to start beef. I enjoy having a professional sounding, mature debate – and appreciate your time here responding.

18. jussayin says:

BUT WHO WAS BRAKE LIGHTS

19. Justin Yamashiro says:

As a chase driver you’re supposed to mimic the lead car no matter the situation. They hold the line, and you follow. Even if there’s an Accel/Decel map, you still have to be aware that every second is going to be different throughout the run. Nothing against Forsberg, but the Mr. Plow move was a bit uncalled for.

20. Slickdrifter says:

They do show the accel/decel maps on the previous live streams. Despite not showing it on this past stream, Ryan and Jarod do talk about in as much detail as they can. Remember that overall this show is shot live and as such is tightly scheduled. They can’t spend too much time on one particular thing without pushing other things back and disrupting the show. Plus spending a lot of time on one thing would be kinda boring. They try to keep it moving for both the fans watching live and at the track. I think that fans are too quick to pass judgment on FD especially when they don’t know every detail about what is happening. I am a big fan of Forrest Wang, but I don’t think he should have won either. The judges are also stand up guys. They have a lot of knowledge of the sport between them and they hang out their necks taking responsibility for their choices. Overall, people have to give FD a break and I really hope that Forrest Wang returns because he was such a great driver. At the same time there are a lot of great drivers on the circuit that don’t win; that’s just how it goes.

21. Joey — Danger Andy didn’t show the other two McQuarrie runs in his side-by-side. Out of three lead runs, that was the 1st OMT, where he shallowed up a bit compared to both his other runs. Which makes this one with McQ pictured, the one where he is actually off his intended line.

Check his first lead run against McQ, and his 2nd OMT lead run. He had the same angle, smoke, and speed, as the Forsberg run. This would be his consistent line, which was hollered over the mic by Jarod and Ryan, which his spotter would have to have been in another zipcode to not have heard. Regardless if the driver’s meeting said what the judges wanted, Forrest has pretty much always ignored that in the past, and done his own thing.

Better comparison that shows all runs — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I35HlW5S0-E

Garret — <3

-John

22. Jason says:

@lawntang if fd would make the judging criteria known, as well as made public, whatever was discussed in the driver’s meetings at each event, there’d be a ton less controversy and you guys would rarely be asked, to provide clarity on calls. Fd often touts, about how much more involving drifting is for the fans, when compared to other professional Motorsports, so why not involve them with this?

23. NoDoriDori says:

Remember when the driver’s meeting was open to the media and everyone still called BS and bias on judging?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

24. Fillipe says:

@Justin
    That’s not always true. Why are there passing zones then at certain tracks? If the chase has to always mimic the lead no matter what then this should never happe. Not saying this was the case with a passing zone, but when the lead driver makes a mistake the chase is not expected to make that same mistake. By what was said at the drivers meeting and clearly stamped on the map, Wang scrubbing so much speed in the accel section was a mistake.

25. KYOKI-Chris says:

@lawntang Let me see those notes

26. NismoZ31 says:

I agree with Mr Collins, I get so sick and tired of hearing jarod just shouting out sponsors when he could be going over tons of cool drift stats with the viewers. I swear that guy is drunk most of the time.

27. Jason says:

Was the controversy worse then, than it is now?

28. Eddi Hughes says:

I wonder how this would have played out if Forsberg would have left foot braked like McQuarrie did in that transition. You gotta give McQuarrie gentleman props for not ramming his opponent in the ass.

29. GrassRts OG says:

It’s a good thing Ryan is getting more involved in making the series “better”. I have always suspected a level of favoritism amongst the “old guard” guys. The problem fans see is rules not being inforced without prejudice. Drivers talk over beers or out on the river between events and some of the tricks are acceptable one day and not the next.
    I for one don’t want to see FD fail as it has helped to bring drifting to the mainstream and it used to give young drivers something to aspire to, however favoritism will stagnate the sport and lose fans. The decline of pro level consistency in judging is just giving the grass roots series more power.
    All sanctioning bodies deal with backlash at some point. Forrest leaving was not done for reasons most may think and I will respect this trust and confidence to not divulge it.

30. Scaifey86 says:

Watch the video, look at the pictures and then read @Sean’s comment people.
    Forrest’s rear right wheel is all over the place coming off of the bank, which would easily explain his over rotation and why it just snaps to lock and goes nowhere. I don’t think it’s a drivimg error at all, nor was there anything else he could have done about it.

31. Flow. says:

Congrats on figuratively fucking something that was supposed to be cool/fun, and literally nitpicking it to the point that nobody cares anymore. The amount of analysis and scrutiny in each and every run is what makes this shit so boring to watch. If a dude is doing the same thing consistently all day and you don’t make that adjustment when following behind him:

1.) your spotter sucks
    2.) you’re blind
    or
    3.) you belong in a demo derby.

Fact of the matter is one of the few exciting drivers left in the series that took risks and put on a show for the spectators is now gone, and the field is slowly being reduced to jabronies with wannabe NASCAR’s minus the cool ride height.

32. RX7Factory says:

Chase car rams lead car and gets the win. I could care less about hearing any BS someone is trying to make to justify their reasoning to the general public regarding why Chris got awarded the win here.

Terrible call. Hearing about the middle finger is terrible camaraderie especially from a top tier team if that’s true. Pretty whack when you’re out to do anything in your power BUT drive hard to muster up a victory.

Congrats Chris, that trophy wasn’t deserved this time around by any means.

33. iSilvia says:

@lawntang

Since this is being talked about, can we also talk about the Hohnadell vs Forsberg 2015 FDTX run? Don’t see how Forsberg got the win

Cheers

34. Tada says:

The chase car follows where the lead car travels until the lead car is severly off the desired line. CF is a good lad but had nothing to bring to that battle in terms of speed or angle and he indeed lost it already on the banking as far as facts such as that wonderful video demonstrates. Starting to slow down ahead of the designated deceleration zone is agreeably a minus but contact from behind is a nil apart from when FD gets to score on you as in this article.

Anyone familiar with drifting knows all this is true. However this headline here says devil’s advocate which is the author’s back door to turn their coats with the winds as they change. I would not argue for the FD perspective on this matter if I was trying to be relevant and credible.

Public opinion is powerful and it has been broadcasted.

Oh, before I forget. Mr Wang’s retirement announcement timing is absolutely impeccable. Think of it a little. It is so good this whole thing might have been orchestrated.

35. Rob says:

Americans can’t help but take a sport built on style and ruining it the follow car is supposed to be a shadow of the lead car not matter what the lead car is doing if Forrest had that much angle so should forsberg

36. Curtis says:

No one even seem to notice that Forrest Straightened between IC2 and IC3 on his follow run against Forsberg…

37. Curtis says:

@Flow. Drifting has become a Motorsport at a professional level. You’re complaining that they are nitpicking and scrutinize every run.. Well that’s what you do in pro level sports.

If you don’t like that then you probably shouldn’t be watching Drifting at a pro level at all (D1GP, FD, IDC, BDC, Driftallstars)

38. GaryG says:

Lets make this simple ask Forrest to share his data from that lap and overlay it on a map to show GPS speed and TPS. It would be nice to see his speed in that zone vs the other rounds that day.

39. Mr E says:

The follow driver has to mimic the lead driver even if he has a shitty line or goes off course. Forrest threw a little more angle, looks now to be cause by the broken right arm, but imp never slows down enough to be considered ‘parking it’. Chris however, got shook on the bank, shallowed up and be-lined through blinding smoke at no angle and “Mr Plowed” Forrest.

40. isho says:

This is probably one of the few controversial calls that I completely agree with. I always disliked Wang’s driving style on this track simply on how he takes that first inside clipping zone. To me it does not look smooth and consistent to rapidly increase and decrease angle at such a quick part of the section since it gives the chase driver almost no room to react to it. For the people that assume the chase driver should adapt to the lead forget that the lead driver should always try his best to run a perfect qualifying run and fluidity is a part of that. Not sure how people can still disagree with all the proof shown above.

41. Lawntang says:

@iSilvia I have enough on my plate dealing with the last round, never mind last season. Besides, all the judging regulations have changed this season compared to last, I would have to find my notes from last year, and we all know how bad I am at that.

@Flow Wang did not do the same thing consistently, I posted a video to show this on Facebook. He had 3 different leads against McQuarrie with 3 different amounts of angle, so which one do you choose to anticipate as a chase driver? That’s why we reward consistent driving in the lead position, it gives the chase driver the best opportunity to be in close proximity and to show how well he can chase.

Also, it is our job to nitpick. If we didn’t nitpick, it would be nothing but OMTs. We tell the drivers what to do, then we watch both runs to see who did a better job of replicating what we asked for. That’s the whole point of competitive drifting, to see who did a better job leading and chasing.

@Eddie Hughes You need to watch the in-car video from Forsberg’s perspective. Please tell me at what point you would have braked in that situation, at that speed with that proximity.

@OriginalDrifter If you compare this year’s judging regulations to last year’s judging regulations, you will see a huge difference. So going from 2016 back to 2012 is going to be extremely different, and in some cases unrecognizable. For example, last year 2 wheels off course would have been a zero, this year it is not. We’ve changed a lot over the years in an attempt to promote close tandems, aggressive driving and drivers taking risks to put on the best lead and chase runs they possibly can, without worrying about little mistakes earning them a zero, as they had in the past.

Please watch the video posted by Wrecked on Facebook of this run from Forsberg’s perspective. It clearly shows that he is not at all in the wrong here, he was simply trying to maintain proximity and all of a sudden through the smoke there’s a car going much slower than himself, which isn’t normal for that area of the track. I don’t think that most people understand just how much smoke there is, and how little visibility drivers have in the chase position. This is why in an area like this Inside Clip we specifically tell the drivers what to do so they can rely on that information going blind through the smoke. In this situation, Forsberg wasn’t given that clean lead run to follow, he was given a massive slowdown, which he couldn’t have predicted based on Wang’s 3 different speeds and 3 different amounts of angle against McQuarrie (I’ve posted a video on my personal Facebook page about this).

In McQuarrie’s case, yes he did avoid contact with Wang on their first battle, but he didn’t have Forsberg’s proximity in this area, so he had time to hit the brakes. Also, for those who say “Forsberg wasn’t matching Wang’s angle through IC1”, how could he without stalling up himself in the chase position? Big, slow angle is fun when there’s only one car on the track, but it doesn’t make for good tandem. We asked the drivers to give us a good mix of angle and speed through IC1, which most every other driver did all day (Gittin had a slight scare on one of his lead runs at IC1, but managed to save it), but sadly in this situation Wang did not, and he was deemed at fault for not going through IC1 properly.

42. wakai says:

Look in the picture by am drift his rear wheel looks like its off toe. The rumors are true that he broke a rear control arm

43. Matt says:

I felt the original OMT didn’t need to be called with Forrest and Tyler. Let’s just say Forrest moves on and the RUCA holds up when he faces Chris… All hypothetical. Forrest and Tyler both had to run their cars into the ground in the three battles.

Let me gripe about one more thing, “woop section” the only other time that is every used in motorsports there’s dirt or snow involved.. Lousy oval track infeilds.

44. Hamza Jodicke says:

@lawntang I understand formula drift wanting to make the sport more competive by making runs more consistent but when everyones run is the same you take away from the individuality of runs. When you take that away the sport becomes less about driver skill and more about who has the most expensive suspension setup because grip is win condition. If you don’t need to worry about how the lead driver is going to affecr your run almost every time the guy with corporate backing and the more expensive set up is going to win. You either have a faster car or hope the person leading makes a driver error. When you know where someone is going to do something, at what speed, how he’s going to do it and when he’s going to do it their is no chance to win through driver skill. What the hell is the point if your not being challenged as a driver. Just like in basketball their needs to be a salary cap on how much a team can spend on a car build, and how many engines they can use through out a series like formula one. This will prevent the person with he most amount of money having the advantage if formula drift wants to remove driver skill from the equation.

Further more, I have seen to many calls been based around what the judges want to see. But what really annoys me is the lack of consistency in what each judge wants to see most. For example weightings need to be designated for angle, line, style, speed, and so forth. This will be most benefical because instead of making a run about following a specific set of driver guidelines you still keep the individuality of a run but if a driver deviates from the weighted criteria to much he can be penalised. For example if the criteria was to be ordered and line and angle was to be select as the key weightings for an event if a driver deviated to much by blasting through the course with lack of angle he could be penalised and if he used massive angle he could be rewarded. This way each driver is prepared to expect massive angle. Or in an another event he knows speed is the criteria if the weighting changes to that. By giving criteria weightings a driver knows what to fulfill to achieve a perfect lead, and thus the duty of the chase driver is to anticipate rather than know exactly whats going to happen. More pressure is then placed on the chase driver to rely on driver skill then specific guidelines telling the driver what is going to happen, where and how. There needs to consistency but their still needs to be an element of random otherwise tour watching correography rather then competition.

That’s what I think.

Please reply,

Hamza Jodicke

45. Oneshadymofo says:

These responses solidify my opinion that professional drifting needs to be less about horsepower and speed and more about style. Cut the horsepower of these cars by half and make tighter courses and you’ll have all the proximity and style you could ask for.

46. rwdybyz says:

I keep hearing that Forsebergs team flipped off Wang… are we forgetting that Denofa did the same thing in Long Beach while following Aasbo(there was an in-car video of Denofa) and no one said anything about that.

47. justsayin says:

^

That’s because Aasbo lets off in what you could argue is a throttle portion of the track on long beach (last clip) 2015 should be solid proof of this. Denofa and Field both crapped on him for it this year.

Only difference is Aasbo gets that call when people go into him.

48. rwdybyz says:

Everyone should listen to Tyler M interview on maximum drift cast… he give such a better point of view on all of this (and this was coming from a guy who lost to him) http://www.maximumdriftcast.com/2016/06/21/ep19/ about 38:00 in he describes that Forrest should have won.

He also mentioned that Forrest came up to him and told him his tires are done by the second run, and that’s why he is constantly slower in the chase.

49. Different Computer says:

Deplorable. A guys car breaks as it comes off the bank, not only does he adapt, he looks as though he will try to finish the entire lap with a broken rear suspension. This causes a slight error in angle and speed which the follow driver “IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING SKILLED ENOUGH TO ADAPT TO!!!” yet the follow driver does the worst thing possible at that point, throttle through a situation where he has no clue what is happening. Did you hear Forrest on throttle? Does Forrest throw big angle and slow sometimes? Is it common for cars to break at this shit track? The common sense thing to do is to check up. Sure, you would loose but such is the case when following a superior driver, following them is damn difficult. That’s why Chris should have gotten the win if he didn’t hit Forrest, showing his ability to adapt to dynamic situations on the fly. It’s the whole basis of the fucking sport. When you tell drivers to drive in a prescribed manner there is no more style.

Fuck you, fuck this series, fuck the judges and fuck anyone who disagrees.