2015 Formula Drift Awards – Comeback of the Year – Dean Kearney

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 In Dean Kearney Formula D

DeanKearney

Dean Kearney made the biggest comeback of the 2015 Formula Drift season with his wild performance in New Jersey. The comeback of the year is based on a driver qualifying at a terrible rank and then finishing the highest in the event. Basically, you are calculating the positions between your qualifying score and finishing result. Dean Kearney won with a score of 19 place improvement at Wall Speedway. He finished the event in 2nd but managed to only qualify 21st. Congrats to him for winning this Formula Drift Award in 2015.

Hate to go off topic but are we just going to act like Vaughn Gittin isn’t competing in D1 this weekend? They got a stream and everything, why no media attention?

But back on topic, Dean is a top rank dude in my eyes. Hope to see more podiums from him.

2. Brian says:

I’d love to see him compete in a top spec rhd s-body instead of the viper(as cool as it looks), I understand marketing and that side of things is most likely going to prevent that.

3. apieceobacon says:

In case anyone was wondering the livestream for d1gp can be watched at http://www.monsterenergy.com/d1live. It will start at 7:30pm cst I think. it was planned that way but the stream yesterday started an hour later so I’m not really sure at this point. The stream is announced japanese but even then its still very entertaining to watch. If you have a chance then definitely watch it.

4. apieceobacon says:

correction: the livestream for d1gp odaiba starts at 8:30pm CST

5. WingZeroCustom says:

And for those wondering Vaughn has the stream at 10p.m EST for those of us on the East Coast. But I’d check around 9:30 EST just in case they start early.

6. kids heart says:

Can we cut the “inside lines aren’t exciting” bulls#@$?