Formula Drift Has a New Website

FormulaDrift

Formula Drift has launched a new website today to usher in the new era with this brand new logo for 2015. The site seems to include all the same content but has a refreshing new look for the new season. The very top of the page gives you the ability to look into Pro, Pro 2, World Championship, and Pro Am. If you have nothing better to do at work I recommend giving it a check out.

Visit New Site: www.formulad.com

1. mike says:

Hope they make profiles for the drivers this year that give a bunch of info on their cars and who their sponsors are and what not. They used to have it but never updated it.

Folks will hate but it’s clean and professional.

3. is300 says:

Now if we can get that live stream reworked and refreshed. With some improved camera angles. All that go pro Money put live feeds from the cars into the stream. maybe it can even be used for judging in case of contact.

4. apiecobacon says:

I like the new layout. It’s cleaner and more professional looking. I still don’t like the logo very much but its starting to grow on me.

5. Turbology says:

The layout is good as far as ease of navigation, and as much as I still prefer the old logo, the new one looks OK for the design of the site.

6. Jeff Jones says:

I just looked at that pro2 list for possible driver’s. Holy cow! Did they miss any driver’s in the US? Biggest list I’ve ever seen.

7. Brian says:

I wonder what’s going on with Mad Mike? Didn’t see his name

8. Chris says:

@Brian

I was just wondering the same thing. If he does come over I wonder if its going to be a partial basis. On his website it looks like he has an event scheduled on the same day as FDNJ. I guess we will see. Ultimately I guess we wont know until FDLB, since not everyone shows up at Tech Day.

Has anyone tried message Ryan Sage to see if we can get any information on this and any other petitions as well. Wish there was more news in regards to it and wasnt so secretive.

9. Paul says:

@brian I’m starting to think that was just a big hoax put out by wrecked to get us talking. Just like their article about Matt Powers running Pro 2.

10. KBanks says:

His latest video makes it sound like FDUSA is the plan. Could just be hopeful thinking though.

11. just saying says:

Alberta’s drift series Spec D has claimed all winter that it is now an official Formula D Pro 2 licensing series , but yet no logo appears on even the FD re designed website. Unfortunate it looks like drifting in western Canada has no bright future.

12. Mr.E says:

41 Pro 1 and 109 Pro 2 drivers listed. Love the new site!

13. apiecobacon says:

Top 64 in pro 2?

14. Jeff Jones says:

With 109 possible driver’s pro2 needs its own weekend.
    Subtracting 16 pro1 driver’s does that mean there would have been 93 other drivers and rookies in pro1 this year without the addition of pro2 class. Where did these guys all come from?

15. Pro 2 list is a list of eligible drivers, not a list of drivers who have actually committed to the series. In years past, there have been 25 to 30 drivers who earn their license via the ProAm series, but never more than 10 who actually drive as a rookie in the series.

16. Driftshit says:

So there are 109 listed pro 2 eligible drivers plus the three new drivers eligible through the Three Palms series for a total of 112. If we assume 20 no shows from the newbies and bottom 16 Pro 1 drivers all decide to stay strictly with Pro 1…that still leaves 76 potential qualifiers. Will there be a top 32 rather than a top 16 this year? Either way that’s a huge field. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.