Odi Bakchis Set to Drive ARK Hyundai Genesis in 2015? [RUMORMILL]

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 In Formula D Odi Bakchis

DennisMertzanis

A few people hinted us that Odi Bakchis could be taking over the ARK Hyundai Genesis ride for the 2015 Formula Drift season. We didn’t have much evidence to back up this rumor until Odi took to Instagram last night and posted the Genesis itself. Odi hinted at he was fixing “the other car” which could easily imply his new Formula Drift ride.

OdiBakchis.Instgram2

We do know that Patrick Mordaunt has already stepped down from the ARK team which we reported on recently. Even though the cars look very similar we do know that the photograph Odi posted is actually of the Hyundai Genesis driven by Dennis Mertzanis. The photo Odi posted features a yellow roll cage and Takata Racing seats which are both unique traits of the 1000hp V8 Hyundai used by Dennis in 2014. You can find some photos of the cars interior to confirm they are the same vehicle here. Dennis Mertzanis did fail to keep his pro license after a very poor performance in the car. How do you think Odi could do in this Genesis if he winds up making the move to it for 2015?

UPDATE @ 4:13pm PST / February 10th

I emailed with Odi and posted a schedule of his car usage for the 2015 season. The pending issue might be the Canada round and if his car can return from Japan or not with shipping. If the car doesn’t make it, he will run his 240sx at this round.

Odi Bakchis 2015 Schedule
Long Beach – Genesis
Atlanta – 240sx
Orlando – 240sx
Wall – 240sx
Japan – Genesis
Seattle – 240sx
Texas – 240sx
Canada – Genesis
Irwindale – 240sx
China – Genesis

1. Matt says:

I guess this would work lol, Odi is a great driver.

2. HosfordHugger says:

Welcome to Pro2 in 2016, Odi!

3. Qwazar Dinero says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ODI SHOULD STICK WITH V8 S14 I WATCHED HIM DRIVE LAST YEAR I HOPE HE CAN SET UP THE CAR TO HANDLE THE SAME HE WAS VERY CONFIDENT IN THE NISSAN, BUT HEY PROGRESSION IS ALWAYS GOOD I CANT WAIT FOR LONG BEACH 2015. HE IS NO LONGER A UNDER DOG IN THE ARK CAR I HOPE HE COMES OUT GUNS BLAZING!!!!! LUCKY BASTARD SIDEWAYZ WITH 1000HP IS JUST DOOKIE STUPID!!!!

4. Max power says:

1000 HP LOL ! Should make it easier to drive straight.

5. sanlis says:

as long as he is not driving the v6 trash, he should be ok. The 1000hp car still looks reliable after all.

6. Mike says:

Changing to an entirely different chassis after placing 4th overall doesn’t seem very wise. Hopefully he stays with the S14.

7. Dondeez says:

Per Odi’s Instagram, he states he will be driving it in “select” events. Then refers to it as the “other” car. Maybe an overseas car?

8. VelineonVXL says:

Odi will drive the ARK Genesis in select events, only in these FD International events (Canada, China and Japan) Info: @arkperformance and @odidrift

9. prometherion says:

So Mertzanis will drive it on regular season ?

10. Tyler says:

Check ark performance’s newest IG post. Odi is confirmed

11. Noiz says:

If I recall correctly Joey Redmond said that Odi was not in contention to win this year because his car was under powered. Despite this he came in 4th overall last season. I personally thought he would be in contention this year with his old car so using Joey’s logic he should be a big threat this year. 1000hp… lol

12. Odi Bakchis says:

Yo guys. First off thanks for following and posting about my efforts in this sport. I am really stoked to partner with ARK Performance to tackle the FD World Championship this season. The gist of what’s happening is; I am driving the LS7 powered Genesis at Long Beach, then the Genesis ships to FD international events. I am sticking with the S14 for all other domestic rounds. We are pretty deep in the rebuild of the Genesis and S14 at the moment, and it is getting pretty exciting. ARK Performance will be documenting the car builds, testing, … via web series “gone with the drift”. I have posted some more details on http://www.BakchisMotorsports.com. P.S. We took the Genesis testing to Willow Springs before the rebuild, and it is a monster!

13. OMCARacing says:

Glad to hear! … 2015 its going to make history in drifting!

14. Brian says:

I really hope this works out. Dude has been improving ever season and is one of my favorite drivers! I think using the Genesis at streets of long beach may not ne the wisest choice…. but then again I didn’t place 4th over all in fd lol. I just really hope this is a step in the right direction and Odious keeps progressing forward with this move. The whole ARC curfufle that went on last season just makes me worried. As long as Odious has the say in the full rebuild of the car, hopefully all will be well. If this works maybe Odious will take the seat of both ARC vehicles so one could pull full duty domestically while the other reps international rounds. Good luck!

15. DavidB says:

Odi is amazing driver, no doubts he will drive this thing all out with awesome style!

16. ziptied mafia says:

If anybody can take the Genesis to new highs it’s odi odi is the best driver out there and I’m sure when he puts the feal suspension and wise fab underneath it it will be nuts congrats odi go win that championship you deserve

17. DUSTT31 says:

Wonder what tire hes on for both FD US and International? Nitto for both?

18. Doozer says:

Any word on what tire he’ll be running?

4th last year so hopefully Nitto is happy with him.

19. Acebostr says:

So good to hear odi put together a program for the world championship. Wow it’s getting serious now I thought really only Vaughn nd Daigo prolly Chris run te world champoinship

20. Ben says:

Giving Odi a car for the overseas events allows him to concentrate on keeping the 240sx competitive in US rounds surely? Only thing that’s bugging me is calling it a World Championship with no European round. What have we done to annoy FD?

21. Adotstarzi says:

If that list that Joey posted with the genesis and 240 him switching like that between rounds doesnt Seam smart at all

22. Adotstarzi says:

Ignor my comment read wrong