Forza 5 Presents Long Beach Grand Prix Course as Free DLC

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 In Video Games Xbox

JustinPawlak.RyanTuerck

Forza 5 on the Xbox One has announced that on Thursday April 10th they will unveil the Long Beach Grand Prix city circuit for download. The track will be available in all gameplay modes allowing you to take your drift cars to Formula Drift Round 1! The back straight after turn 8 is where they start in Formula Drift and slide through turns 9,10, and 11 for those of you who want to recreate a real life Formula Drift event.  Let us know how you like the track once it is downloaded!

I attended my first drift event at Road Atlanta in 2005 while shooting for Import Racer Magazine (RIP). Since then I have produced drift content for PAS Magazine, Modified Magazine, Drifting Magazine (RIP), and many more publications. I was the producer of the movie Slide America and then helped found this website in 2007.

1. Damn, I wish I could afford an Xbox one!

2. WingZeroCustom says:

Maannn….. why Forza get license with FD. T____T We need some more FD cars and tracks for GT to ya know.

3. Paul says:

I was just thinking about selling my XB1… nevermind lol

4. 8-Bit Miata says:

…….shit. Now I have a reason to buy an XBOXONE.

I will say that is mighty generous of Turn10 to release a DLC for free. I know people would have paid for it too. I know I would have even if it was $5, $10, maybe even $20 just because It is a replica of of Long Beach Round 1.

The flipside of this is because it is free, will it suck?
    Another question would be why not the entire Long Beach Circuit?
    Of course then we would be paying for it in the end beggars cant be choosers since it’s free.

Thank you Turn 10 for the free DLC even though I don’t own any new consoles. I hope this is the start of a new trend for them adding a free DLC FD course replicas after every round.
    For now, I’ll still keep playing RC Pro Am, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2, and Forza 4.

5. Joey Redmond says:

@8-Bit Miata

Forza is offering the whole City circuit. I was just focusing on people using 8 Straight/9/10/11 to promote people drifting on the course.

Here is the official Xbox video:

6. 8-Bit Miata says:

Thanks Joey! That video pretty much answered all my questions. Didn’t know there was a video of the track release from Turn10. Might want to add it to the article to help promote the DLC.

I got to say Turn10 looks to have done an awesome job. This has been a highly requested track since the release of Forza 3. I am happy to see a real world course brought to virtual life for gamers to enjoy. I hope to see more FD replicated like this. Especially Irwindale. Now if we can only get Ebisu… 😉

7. Steve B. says:

Now i want to buy a Xbox one just for this. Forza just 20 up’d GT6.

8. Caleb says:

Road Atlanta sucks now though because of how the loop slows the cars down

9. CONcerned says:

*side not JTP’s faint entry was crazy whack! If he would have done it on both the lead and follow not such an issue but only on his lead and on a flat track = bitch move!

Forza track=dope

10. Jabroni says:

how is a faint entry in drifting a bitch move lmao…. and if your following and the lead car dosent faint why faint its everyone elses fault for not being gangster

11. Tomfoolery says:

Feint not faint. JTP isn’t passing out when he initiates.

12. paul says:

You dont know that he’s not passing out lol.

BTW, this is not up yet! wtf turn 10

13. apieceobacon says:

Something tells me that there is going to be a lot of tandem lobbies on this track when its released.

14. Paul says:

I will say turn10 did a nice job on the track. I’ll also say it’s harder to drift than i had imagined. It’s not hard to drift the track itself, but to go wall to wall, then carry enough momentum to fill the outer zones of the sweeper, followed by slowing down for turn 11 so you dont slide into the tires takes a few minutes to get the hang of.

I’m not saying it’s hard to drift this section, but it is definitely harder to drift it by the guidelines of formula drift, and their clipping zones than I thought it would be.

If anyone from @turn10 reads this I think i speak for most forza drifters, if not all, when i say please give us back the s13 silvia, the s14 zenki, and create the s14 kouki. I know it’s probably hard to add cars into forza, but you need to realize that there are plenty of people, myself included that bought this game for the drifting and tuning abilities, and while i do enjoy some of the racing, I mostly tolerate it so i can make money to buy drift cars, which i especially have to do now, because you took away the selling of cars.

Why not release a drifters car pack? Cars to include could be S13 silvia, Sileighty, S14 Kouki and Zenki, R32 skyline, RX7 FC. I’d pay $10 for that, and i bet there’s a good sized group of other people who would too.