Kenneth Moen to Join Bridges Racing and Achilles Radial for 2014 Formula Drift Season

KennethMoen

Earlier this week Jacob reported that Bridges Racing was adding a fourth driver to the team for 2014. The new driver for the Achilles Radial / Bridges Racing team will be Kenneth Moen running a 700whp 2JZ powered S14 Nissan 240sx. The car will be built by Limitless Motorsports and driven by Kenneth through 2014 on the Achilles 123S tire.

“I’m really excited to work with Kenny this year,” said Bryan Bridges.  “He’s caught my eye over the last couple of seasons with his aggressive driving.  He is very passionate and just wants to drive, the same as the rest of our guys.  I think he’s going to make a great addition to our team, hope fully we can provide him with the tools he needs to make that final push for a podium.”

“We are excited to welcome Kenneth Moen to the Achilles family for this season, and cannot wait to see him create a ton of smoke with his Achilles 123S tires,” said Cheralyn Hale, Director of Marketing for Achilles Motorsports LLC.

1. Casey says:

What happended to the Supra he kept showing up with last year?

2. Jordan says:

x2. What happened to the supra 🙁 I hoped to see him compete in it and not in another s-chassis…

3. ChrisRamirez says:

Bummed he’s not driving it too but I suppose they want a podium from him, not for him to have a sick supra sitting in the pits. Too experimental if they ran the Supra I think. They want to get over the whole new driver and car in new season thing.

4. fabricaterus says:

Limitless motorsports!? I’ve took a few to trip to Norcal to check out the drifting scene and seen some of the quality of cars. A majority of them are junk. One shop how every stood out from the rest, Limitless motorsports.. Every car that had a Limitless sticker on track seem to be the king of POS’ cars. There was a gentlemen by the name of Faruk that drove a JZ S14 built by Limitless. My goodness what that car built by a bunch of monkeys.. I guess 2014 FD competitors won’t have to worry about Kenny Moen for another year

I don’t want to be the “sh*t disturber” kinda guy. But This will be my 3rd seasoning watching Kenny Moen. It absolutely kills me to see him put himself through another joke of a shop and race car.

F*ck Danny George, we need to make a “save Kenny Moen from getting a POS racecar” fundraiser.

I can’t wait till the Bridges racing guys see this car. I wonder who is going to fail the car at tech. Will it be Formula D Kevin Wells or team owner Brian Bridges!?

I wanted that supra!!! But cool choice… its gonna be cool to see Achilles with a powerhouse line up.

6. Mickey says:

Pretty sure the Supra we saw last year belonged to Lutz Performance, who isn’t mentioned here at all???

7. mitch says:

It’s not Lutz Performance’s car, Kenny Moen owns the supra, the reason he isn’t driving it is because he is no longer with lutz performance. The supra is for sale.

8. WingZeroCustom says:

Thought it could be someone outside the Achilles camp switching over. But danm… I did NOT expect Kenny. I loved that 350Z and will miss it. I know he build a 2JZ S13 for Gatebil and overseas stuff. As for a S14 this is the first I heard of this. I really don’t know what happened to the Supra…. I was thinking he was going to run it this year after the final year in the 350Z. Only think I could think is it might have something to do with sponsorship or something. *Shrugs* I dunno. I’m sure we’ll find out more about this as the weeks progress.

9. fabricaterusSCal says:

10. That2jzGuy says:

From what I heard Lutz Performance pulled out of Formula Drift all together, and shut down. Not 100% sure how true this is. Agree would of been nice to have a Supra back in Formula D!!! Good to see Kenneth with a good team

11. The snowman says:

Kenny is going to destroy everyone in FD 2014!

12. Wegs says:

Sidenote: The Supra is for sale!? Wrecked get on that lol, we need details!

13. DDS Performance says:

fabricaterus : I Dont think you have a single clue what you are talking about ! Talking down on Danny George solves nothing .
    I have had the opportunity to run Kenny Moen and Danny George as sponsored drivers and they are both humble guys and both Close friends of mine as well ! So be careful what you say .. As for talking down Limitless Motorsports will solve nothing as well , just because there is a sticker on someones car doesn’t mean the entire car was built by them .

Farauk is also a dear friend and is racing on a budget , himself and the Limitless guys are trying there best with what they got ! So please keep your comments to yourself .

Have you ever built a race car ? Have you ever Ran Formula Drift ? Have you done anything remotely close to what these shops and drivers have accomplished ?!

answer is NO !

Speak your mind but do not be insulting about it …

DDS Performance

Owner

14. Tie Fighter says:

Wasn’t there an issue between Moen and Lutz involving money? I thought the reason Kenny wasn’t in the Z or the Supra @ irwindale was because Lutz was holding his cars until they got paid.

15. Frank says:

According to a comment in a previous article, the 2JZ in that Supra seized up whilst testing and the car has been sitting engineless somewhere ever since. Doubt it’ll ever see the light of day.

16. ThatsMrPanda2u says:

Ok let’s take a look at a few things, Kenneth’s cars, yes both, not making it to the last round last season. Is that because he owed money or because Lutz took on more then they can handle. Let’s see, the 350z is back in Norway with KENNY, the Supra is up for sale by KENNY, Lutz is NO LONGER OPEN, Kenny is still drifting, they are not. Their trailer and team members would change every event. Seems like a better choice for Kenny this season. Whatever differences they had is between them.

17. mitch says:

Kenny unfortunately had the experience of Lutz performance as his team and both cars by them were badly built the 350z and Supra. Lutz performance had no idea what they were doing in any aspect or how to build a drift car. If Kenny was giving the right car, built the right way by the rigt people with a good team like Fredric Aasbo’s then Kenny would be right up there with Fredric on the top of the podium!!!!!!!!

18. mitch says:

Kenny unfortunately had the experience of having Lutz performance as his team and both cars by them were badly built the 350z and Supra. Lutz performance had no idea what they were doing in any aspect or how to build a drift car. If Kenny was giving the right car, built the right way by the right people with a good team like Fredric Aasbo’s then Kenny would be right up there with Fredric on the top of the podium!!!!!!!!

19. Supralover says:

i am pretty sure the car would of been built the way the driver wanted them if they were his cars and not the shops, and not to mention i am pretty sure the 350 was already built prior to any involvement with Lutz. and if my history is not mistaken, i am pretty sure that the 350 was built by the same guy that is now leading Fredric’s teams , our good friend Papadakis. Mitch go home your drunk

20. nick says:

Limitless motorsports is a growing shop that understands normal people don’t have 40k to drop into a racecar. Faruk is a close friend of mine. His car was the first fd build that became a running car a day before the event and he still took 4th. The reason the cars look tore up is because they drive the piss out of their cars and care about how they preform not how they look. Props to limitless for continuing to step their game up.

21. mitch says:

supralover Your wrong, first off I’m friends with Kenny and talked with him continually on a day to day basis ever since they announced he was going to have a supra for the 2013 season back in 2012. He personally told me along with one of his sponsors said lutz built the supra. Second of all his sponsors are the ones that control how the car is built including what brands and products are installed.

22. mitch says:

Supralover read the first paragraph http://v2lab.com/2013/07/following-kenny-moen-formula-drift-seattle/#prettyPhoto “After some uncontrollable delays in the end of the build Seattle gave Kenny his first chance to drive his new chassis built by the guys at Lutz Performance in Tampa, FL”

23. ThatsMrPanda2u says:

Yes the 350z was built by another shop before Kenny got the car. The 350 was with Lutz for 2 full seasons, so it’s safe to say a lot has been changed on the car. As for building a car, only the shop that is building the car really has any say so on how’s it’s built. As for the Supra, it wasn’t built to Kenny’s request, which is another reason why it took so long for the Supra to come out. In Seattle the Supra ran into motor problems, how many other drivers has this happened to, it’s common, part of racing.

24. mitch says:

The best thing that has ever happened to Kenny Moen in his formula drift career is that he is no longer with Lutz performance its a blessing in disguise. They were the worst team in formula d in every aspect. They didn’t know how to build a drift car, they didn’t build the cars as Kenny requested to allow him to perform his best so they didn’t have his best interests or theirs because if they wanted to win podiums or the championship they would of built it the way he wanted and needed it. Lutz performance didn’t care about Kenny or about their performance in formula d, they are a joke. They were very unprofessional, incompetent and were assholes and that’s why their shop is now closed.

Kenny’s Z is Tanner’s old car. That car was sold and sent to Europe, and could never compete against Tanner / Steph again.

When Tanner left FD, it was allowed to run again, and came back after being in Europe, being beaten, wrecked, and raced for two seasons.

I’ve seen that car before/after, its the same shell, other than that not much is the same.

Kenny is one hell of a driver, and a cool guy, I think with Bridges this will be a solid combo. The Z is a good car and has a lot of incredible history, but it needs to have someone hit the ‘F5″ button hardcore on it. Car is a hodgepodge of being thrown together in a compromised fashion for the last 5 years by people who have less than 2 years of ownership of the car.

Lutz is out of business, and I know that place was just run by a relative of a larger agriculture company as a for fun business, that tanked with the wrong people at the wheel, like most shops that tank, instead of keep going or get partnered up with a bigger shop.

26. ecoman says:

this is only a good thing!

Kenny in a S-Chassis he knows with 2jz swap which he is comfortable with
    high horsepower 2JZ +Wisefab+Achilles+Feal suspension this is going to be one fast car and i can guarantee he is going to be top 5 material in this!

the 350z had more hits then the beatles, it was a championship winning car back in 2009 nearly, the game has changed so much since then with cars builds and he was driving the socks of it to make it work in its same guise!

Lutz-Joker operation best thing he did was leaving them!

27. Sam says:

What annoys me is that several people have turned around and said oh they have no idea how to build a decent drift car, yet if those people themselfs where handed a base car and told to make it into a drift car they’d be clueless, all the fabrication, wiring, tuning and so on. I admit it, even though I’m a mechanic, I’d struggle a lot (I’d still give it a bash though).

I think this is the best thing to happen to Kenny, agressive driver and enjoyable to watch.

28. caocaoism says: