Vaughn Gittin Jr. – Wrecked Weekly Episode 4 [VIDEO]

I got to sit down with Vaughn Gittin Jr. in the Ford Media Center for right around 30 minutes during the SEMA Show to talk with him about a number of really important topics. We covered his new project Mustang RTR, the state of Formula Drift, World Drift Series China, and his $5,000 fine for illegal suspension. We even got to break down his tandem battle with Patrick Mordaunt from Formula Drift Texas and get his thoughts on the first overturned judging call in the sport which directly impacted his season. Last but not least Vaughn spills the beans on when he will make the debut in a 2015 Ford Mustang!

Subscribe to Keep Up With All the Wrecked Weekly Episodes: http://www.youtube.com/user/wreckedmagazine?sub_confirmation=1

I attended my first drift event at Road Atlanta in 2005 while shooting for Import Racer Magazine (RIP). Since then I have produced drift content for PAS Magazine, Modified Magazine, Drifting Magazine (RIP), and many more publications. I was the producer of the movie Slide America and then helped found this website in 2007.

1. Hosford Hugger says:

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! I made the video!

2. eddie says:

fav interview so far

3. Cody says:

This is probably the best one so far. Vaughn really put everything into terms any one can understand and broke every detail down. I really like the fact he took the high road on the controversies and actually said “I messed up.” Very stand up action.

4. Jabroni says:

best one yet…from the FD Bad Guy i agree with everything he said

5. Caleb says:

Line the track with cement barriers so you don’t have to worry about cones and shit. As for all the tech shit in FD, watch any other series from around the world and see how rad they are and how they pretty much just take a run for what it is

6. chris jeanneret says:

JR always speaks his mind and i always respected him for that, im also impressed he never once said i dont want to answer that question, another reason why he is who he is. Id also like to add hes a straight up driver no BS i cant wait to run him again next year :)

7. Mike Owen says:

Mad respect JR! I’ve had my doubts this season but this interview changed that for the better. Hope to meet you in 2014! As a fan of drifting you really nailed it about the fans just wanting to see door to door action. Drifting doesn’t need the drama of short track NASCAR, but the action and pure aggressive driving will make the sport that much better.

8. James Deane says:

Really enjoyed that…

9. Ish says:

Wow, I really liked that interview. Lot of good points brought up on the Technical vs Subjective side to judging. That is going to be a really hard line for FD to walk in the future and there no easy answers. On one hand I would love to just see everybody Matt Field out and just go broke or go home, but at the same time there needs to be some rules on lines, clipping points, etc.. so new fans and such can have an idea on what the hell is going on. There is a sweet spot in there and FD just hasnt found it yet manly because the end up being subjective on there technical rules causing confusion and frustration. /rantover good luck next year JR, hopefully FD will quit giving you the short stick next year.

10. RTC says:

Ground breaking interview. I can hardly wait to watch this guy find a new way to choke in 2014!!! TEAM JR VAG

11. Casey says:

Wow. No 2015 mustang till 2015. Kinda weird since he had the 2010 in 2009 before anyone.

12. Internet Hero says:

Very good point about how FD has now set the bar for fines / penalties. Will be interesting to see what happens when a guy who’s barely making top 32 gets fined half of his yearly budget for a ‘manfacturing inconsistency’

13. Mark Lytle says:

He had a couple of interesting points that I really liked
    1) 240′s with subframe bushing, are they within the factory location specs?
    2) (And I was thinking this when he got fined) How can a FWD Scion TC (2 of them) be converted into RWD and be in compliance with factory specs?

I would like to think that these two questions itself will prompt a fair inspection of all the cars