Walker Wilkerson Announces No Round 4 at Wall for him – More Engine Issues

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 In Formula D Major Announcements Walker Wilkerson

Walker Wilkerson announces he won’t be attending Wall Speedway this weekend due to more engine problems occurring in Palm Beach. The first problem struck at Road Atlanta but they got a rebuild put together in time to make it out to PBIR. While at Round 3 the car suffered some more issues and the guys have called it until Round 5 at his home track Evergreen Speedway. Here is the official release Walker put out:

I am extremely bummed to announce this but we unfortunately are not going to be running at Formula Drift New Jersey this weekend. After blowing the second motor this year in Florida what we just thought was rod knock turned out to be 1 twisted ruined crank, 1 bent discolored connecting rod, all 8 pistons, piston rings, piston pins, piston clips…. fried, the cam…toast. The list could continue for days. Luckily the block was salvageable but needed to be over bored to eliminate the scaring on the sleeves. With our uncommon larger new bore size, it requires custom-sized engine internals. Engine internals have the longest manufacturing lead time out of any other car parts, and not only do we need over half of the internals replaced, they are all custom sizes, which equals to even a longer manufacturing lead time which is physically impossible to have made within the amount of time between Formula Drift Palm Beach and New Jersey. I am truly sorry that we cannot make it to New Jersey and it is eating me alive knowing that I won’t be getting to drive this weekend.

1. Brovan666 says:

I don’t see what was wrong with a regular na V8…I mean his damn sr20 was way more reliable then that POS turbo v8

2. Cody says:

Just sling a na v8 in it. Get more work done.

3. Your Dick says:

He needs to give up this year…

4. mendozi says:

That’s what happens when you are a cocky faggot. tru story.

5. Hosford Hugger says:

maybe that’s why hosford didn’t let that shop touch his car this year and took it to a real race shop

6. Taylor says:

I don’t get why he thought he needed a turbo LS

7. mike peters says:

He will probably show up at new jersey and walk the paddock in his race suit like at long beach.

8. s14s14s14 says:

Hope he will be firing those Insane Innovation retards and getting a real support team.

9. Steve B. says:

sup with all the hate for him this season?

10. Kelley Wolfe says:

What’s funny is these insane innovations retards did everything perfect. The car has no issues fab wise which is what we did. The motor is junk. Also I only built a few things for hosfords car last year. The car was assembled by fueled racing mainly. We are not a support team, and we did not rebuild the motor either time, we don’t call the shots on what gets replaced, he asked for a twin turbo set up, we had one already made just laying in our drivers project car. I sponsored him with all the metal work from start to what it is in 40 days so when the chassis has a problem go ahead and bash away but if it’s a motor issue? Put it on whoever built or called the shots.

11. Mfurlong says:

Lost a lot of respect for walker this year, not that I had a whole lot to begin with. I think if he is going to put out a sob story for FD fanboys he should at least tell the whole story which would go something along the lines of I am sorry to all my faggot ass buttfucking followers I am to cheap and stupid to actually do thing the right way and it has cost me this year many next time I won’t put together a Frankenstein LS and cry when it blows

12. Mfurlong says:

And then to try and put of the blame on some rad dudes who put in work on that car because he doesn’t know what else to say
    #shameonyou

13. Alongoria says:

I read in the bible that blaming motor problems on badass fab technicians is a sin. A sin which ultimately results in the accusers to be sent to hell and personally butt fucked by satan and injected with Magic Johnson’s aids infested cum for you to shit in your mothers mouths….. Keep it up you fuckers…… keep it up!!

14. anthony licata says:

Kelley Wolfe and James Allen at insane innovations did an incredible job on that car. The engine builder needs to be fired. All the fab work and prep work by Kelley and crew is beyond perfect, especially in the time allotted. And to put shit into perspective, insanE innovations did most all that work for not one fuckin penny. They put their lives and families on hold to make sure this car was set and ready to go. All of that hard work just to get bagged on by a bunch of you people that don’t know what the Fuck you are talking about and just feel like pointing fingers. They are by far the best fab shop in Arizona.

15. anthony licata says:

Insane innovations didn’t have a choice on the parts put into the car. They called the shots on fab work only. Whatever motor parts and other shit that was dropped off were what was to be installed. Some of the parts involved shouldn’t have gone on that car but it wasn’t Kelley’s call. Walker loaded the gun as to what was supposed to get done and how and Kelley pulled the trigger. End of story

16. Fewlee says:

I feel bad for Walker but maybe he should have done his research on these guys who built his car before accepting free help.. If he had seen how many blown motors they’ve gone through on their own POS cars maybe he would have thought twice. Neither of the guys at Insane have much experience in building cars and even less with drift cars. Kelly learned how to weld less than a year ago, and James… LOL he’s just a joke faggot fanboy con-artist who’s only in it for the popularity; Not to mention completely clueless about cars and drifting.

In the end, it’s still Walker’s fault for being a naïve idiot and allowing it all to happen. Maybe he should learn to work on and build his own car and he’d be better off.. huhhuh

17. Fewlee says:

18. sean says:

Just put a stock la in there with a good SAFE tune that won’t toast your motor and get some time in the new car! 5lbs makes huge reliable power

19. Fewlee says:

I feel bad for Walker but maybe he should have done his research on these guys who built his car before accepting free help.. If he had seen how many blown motors they’ve gone through on their own POS cars maybe he would have thought twice. Neither of the guys at Insane have much experience in building cars and even less with drift cars. Kelly learned how to weld less than a year ago, and James… LOL he’s just a joke faggat fanboy con-artist who’s only in it for the popularity; Not to mention completely clueless about cars and drifting.

20. Fewlee is a fag! says:

Name says it all ^ but to me it sounds like you have personal problems with them rather then actually knowing what your talking about! So keep your emo shit to yourself! Welding has nothing to do with motor issues! If you did know what you were talking about you would know they never touched the inside of that motor so go cut yourself an talk big on some other forum cause in life your a joke that couldn’t even dream of success ^_~

21. Kelley Wolfe says:

Hahahaha this guy^ I’ve been welding for 6 years and have been certified in every process. But I’m not here to battle keyboard tough guys. If you “know me” at least spell my name right. My shop is located at 21422 n. 11th ave phoenix az 85027 and I’d appreciate it if you came down and had a chat with me. :-D I’m just speaking the truth here but the problem with this car and the only problem is the engine which I didn’t touch and walker doesn’t have the funds to do it the right way so it looks bad on everyone that touches it. And whoever fewlee is? Can keep my name out of your mouth or come see me at the address above thank you.

22. Kelley Wolfe says:

Also I’ve never blown any of my motors so get your facts somewhere else

23. Kelley Wolfe says:

I’m out I’ve said my piece and even got angry in the wrong directions so fanboys see ya at irwindale atleast I’ll have an insane innovations shirt on so please please say hi :-D

24. Walker Wilkerson says:

To clear all of this up that’s been blown way out of proportion here. Insane Innovations did not build the motor, they did the fabrication on the build. @Mfurlong and @alongoria When did I ever blame the engine failure on Insane Innovations? I’ve never blamed the engine failure on Insane so I don’t know where you guy’s pulling this from. The motor was built by two different shops. The motor was originally built by a very well known engine builder who specializes in building LS forced induction motors. The first motor blew because water temps reached 245 degrees and the oil thinned out. The second time the motor was rebuilt something was not assembled correctly or torqued properly which caused it to rodknock. @mfurlong This is far from a Frankenstein LS. Everything in the bottom end was aftermarket other than the crank. There have been multiple LS7 motors that have been proven to withstand over 800whp with stock cranks and even stock engine internals. The engine internals and parts inside this motor have nothing to do with the reason it blew up both times.

25. Iplaywithboys says:

It’s a damn shame Walker won’t be able to make it to the Formula D in Jersey. Why is anyone even bringing up fabricators into this mess…they fabricate they do not build his motor so when a motor malfunctions please, make sure you put blame on the right people, and even then if a motor is gonna go its gonna go. Whoever is bashing the fabricating or fabricators is clearly and 100% someone just out to put others down. Insane Innovations has produced such outstanding work & can back up fabricating to the max, leave them out of it.

26. Mfurlong says:

Walker the reason so many pissed of AZ supporters is because obviously we are local to insane innovations and know the back story and watch that car transform into the masterpiece today, as a driver when you put out a statement as you did it is YOUR responsibility to make sure this kind of shit doesn’t happen you waited 5 days to clarify these type of situations, at least in your original statement put who as at fault on the spot and not let others be scrutinized for the the faults of the car. There is a lot of potential in your car and would like to see it rip up the track the season but take a step back and stop rushing slow it down and do it right. Best of luck hope it works out