Tony Angelo Adds Nitrous and R/T Tuning to his 2013 Season

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 In Formula D Scion Tony Angelo

The guys at R/T Tuning shot out a release about their partnership with Tony Angelo for the new Formula Drift season. Tony’s FRS will be powered by a turbocharged 2AZ-FE engine with nitrous to be competitive in the new season. The guys over at R/T Tuning will be offering Tony Angelo vehicle setup, tuning, and track support for the new year. How do you think Tony will do with this setup in 2013?

Source: http://rttuning.com/press-release-from-rt-tuning/

1. The Real Mike Peters says:

about as good as he always does!

not very

2. Jabroni says:

good i hope cause theres where my cars going to get tunned :P

OMG, he’s gonna be such a better drifter with nitrous.

NOT.

4. Brian says:

I know what the point of a setup using nitrous but what’s with all the cars going with this type of setup this year? Non the less I hope he does well cause I’ve been wanting to see an frs with this motor in it since they came out.

5. Mike says:

@Brian, if you know the point of nitrous then why ask? for everyone else, the nitrous is used to make power in the low end of the RPM range to help the car reach boost quicker. this is necessary due to the HP race going on right now, running higher boost means that you hit full boost later on in the RPM range. Drivers use nitrous to make up for the lack of power in the lower end of the rpm range.

Imagine how far his car would be if he didn’t post as Mike Peters all the time.

7. Slider S15 says:

@Brian: I think it’s being so heavily adopted this year because it was so well proven by Daigo last season on his 2JZ.

It will be interesting to see how well he does in this new car/setup. We all know that old tC was a complete dog that NEVER worked right (look how much better Gushi did when he got out of it!)

He’ll have to do alot to win over the fans though, He skated by on ALOT of dodgy judging calls both in battles and qualifying last season and that has turned the crowd against him somewhat…

8. Peter says:

In certain cases adding NOS can be very helpful for lower displacement / Big turbo combo’s but since Daigo and Matt Fields used it everyone is on the band wagon. I think this will just add to motor failures and problems for teams. This is still drifting and not ’90 import drag racing right?

9. Tony says:

Frs will be the next 240 of drifting. Everyone will be driving them.

*sigh* I miss the old FD.

10. lifer says:

I miss watching a tandem battle with no designated line, just a straight up battle from point A to point B, BUT I get what FD is doing and I am enjoying their kind of drifting competition very much. Last year was a tough one though. (judging calls)

11. Steffan Maus says:

I’d personally love to have an FRS.