Abdo Feghali Beats Guinness World Record for Longest Drift – 11,180 meters

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 In International Major Announcements

Yas Marina Circuit went up in smoke as Abdo Feghali busted the Guinness World Record for the longest drift in Abu Dhabi completing 43 laps of a set course for a total time of 14.18 minutes. The new record stands at 11,180 meters (36,679.8 feet) for the Redbull Athlete. “It was a great challenge for me, as I always wanted to attempt breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest drift on a vehicle, “ admits Adbdo Feghali.

Source: http://biser3a.com/

1. slidefordays says:

dont watch it, waste of time, lame

2. petite pounder says:

what the heck did he use for tires? solid rubber pucks on what looks like bmw m6 wheels?

Camerica.

4. Angelina Jollie says:

Merica’

Video or it didn’t happen. I’m sure that the drifts were mediocre anyway. Shallow….. weak…. slow.

This is exactly why Jr was trying to help Guinness redefine the term “Drift”. Any idiot with tires that could last long enough can do it.

Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals….All we know is, he’s called Mike Peters

7. Alika80 says:

How bout earliest entry/longest slide into a drift? Cuz this is just a 14 minute donut.

8. Vaughn says:

Just so everyone knows I have tried to get this record adjusted to something legit that represents the skill of Drifters and represents our sport in the light it deserves. My suggestion was the longest drift with out intersecting your line. So a single toss and carry it as long as you can. Here is the response I received from Guinness. I really don’t know what else to do since its impossible to get someone on the phone to discuss this. Evidently BMW is going to do 40 miles worth of circle donuts in the near future from a you tube ad I saw….. I love the emphasis on this record but really wish it was something to be proud of instead of just some words that sound like the record is cool. Maybe a few of us will get together and break the record in tandem, at least then it will be halfway impressive. That being said Congrats to Abdo!

Below is the note from Guinness politely turning down my request to modify the definition

“We believe that a record such as you propose will quickly get to a point where it is not possible to drift a longer distance, either because the speed required would be too great or the car and tires would not hold, or because each time the record is attempted the curved line will get closer and closer to an actual circle, until it becomes a circle and we no longer could accept it. One very important aspect of our records is however that they are breakable, and remain so in the future. We try not to open categories that have a forseeable end in the near future, where the record becomes unbreakable.”

You’d think after a month everyone would be creative enough to do something besides post as Mike Peters.

Apparently that’s expecting too much of the users here.

10. rotarypower says:

This is so Fucking stupid.I agree with Jr it need’s to be one throw in and go

And enough with the mike peter’s imposters already u guys have wore it out lol

Agreed^^^. Stop using my name. I want to get back to my life of el caminos, bbq and my trailer park horeshoe tournaments. PS Tony Angelo didn’t give me chlamydia ;)

12. Royal says:

Post as me instead…

13. Brian says:

Why couldn’t they incorporate in the rules something about a minimum number of transitions so I don’t know… the record could be somewhat cool

Thank you Jr for attempting to legitimize drifting. You care about the sport and the sport has given back to you because of this. I think we need to really set this record on a new level by drifting on an icy pond. Tires would never blow and you could drift for days. This would show Guinness how stupid THEIR idea of the record is and cause them to change the definition.

Some say that he’s terrified of ducks, and that there’s an airport named after him in Russia. All we know is, he’s called Mike Peters

15. Steffan Maus says:

more like longest donut

The above mike peters is the real mccoy. You can tell by his fondness of jr and the sweaty musk on his breath. Turns out his weakness is bros that spin in mustangs at FD.

There’s nothing wrong and unoriginal about posting as me. I’m so awesome. My mom and grandma even think so. They love the El Camino and even my boyfriend, Tony Angelo.

18. Caleb says:

Make a new record of longest tandem and the cars have to stay within a certain proximity

Also, I’m a fan of the old Mike Speed with them din dar Boyd Coodington rims

19. Mike Peters, Texan Native says:

Bunch of hasteen here

20. T9 says:

I do agree that this shouldn’t be considered longest drift rather than longest donut. That being said, I feel this is generating some hate towards the driver himself. In my humble opinion, this guy is a pretty stellar driver.

21. T9 says:

Actually, disregard the generating hate portion, that was a poor assumption on my behalf as no one is shit-talking the driver himself.