Ken Block Takes on Irwindale Speedway in his HFHV Ford Fiesta [VIDEO]

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 In Formula D Video Wrecks

Ken Block aka Kenny from the Block took his HFHV Ford Fiesta to Irwindale Speedway to run the Formula Drift course to hype up The Hoonigans brand. Early on Friday morning they let Ken Block on the track and he even managed to plant the rear of his car to the inside bank wall (just like everyone else) but he managed to smash and shatter two Fifteen52 Tarmacs wheels and keep drifting which they show at the end of the video. Ken even managed to enter the bank at 91mph during his AWD slide around the Formula D course.

1. HatchetMan says:

BORNING!!!!!!!!!!!
    the only reason he is in rallycross is because he cannot crack it in drift.
    ford has stepped up for 2013 in formula d but where is kenny from the block?

2. DA Fan 11 says:

Really guys? Ken Block coverage on a DRIFT only website. You instantly officially lost a fan forever.

3. Brian says:

I’m wondering how many takes there was to do that vid… Non the less still slightly bad ass

4. DA Fan 11 says:

Is it possible he did it in one take?

5. Bridges Racing says:

I have to admit I was a Ken Block skeptic and thought he was a product of a great film crew and a ton of takes. But I watched him a little bit at Irwindale and he is legit, I give him props. Daigo was into it too, he wanted to get a ride a long with Ken haha.

6. SteveO says:

Some of the super-slow-mos are becoming really cliche but still a pretty rad vid.

Ugh you people.

A wildly successful businessman, who markets his HOBBY better than most people market their career.

The ONLY American to win points in WRC this century.

And y’all are going to hate on him. I bet you people hate Donald Trump for being better than you are with money too.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Rad video, rad dude, rad car.

8. Kids Heart says:

No I hate trump for being a racist Birther but you are right about Ken Block. He gets hate for no damn reason at all. The dude make entertaining videos and looks like he has lots of fun doing them. Is he the best, no. Is he damn good, hells yes.

9. Sakura says:

Gosh forbid someone make a bunch of money, and then blow it doing motorsports yet marketing it better to the Gen Y crowd than anyone has ever done before…

Ken Block is raising the bar for everyone else when it comes to marketing motorsports to a younger, social-media savvy audience. He is probably more responsible for bringing new non-endemic companies into motorsports in the next 5 to 10 years than anyone else.

10. crazynutt says:

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

I haven’t seen anyone drive/control a 4wd car like Ken Block can. Dude has mad skills and makes some Bad A videos in my opinion. Keep burning the tires off Ken. All I have to say is success breeds jealousy.

11. DA Fan 11 “you have instantly officially lost a fan forever”

*posts 3 hours later*

seems legit.

12. instantly officially

13. Mike Peters, Texan Native says:

*like*

14. crazynutt says:

@Kids Heart

I said drive/control not race. There are plenty of guy that are and were better racers then Ken Block. I think he’s got the art of 4wd car control down better then anyone right now. I just don’t see why people hate on him cause he’s puts on an awesome show and looks like he’s having a blast while he’s doing it.