Dean Kearney and V-LEDS Split Ways for 2012

The SHR Dodge Viper won’t be sporting V-LEDS for the new 2012 season as we have received news from Ian Bergin. They are working and seeking new sponsors for the 2012 season but it sounds like they will be returning for the new year starting off at Streets of Long Beach. The Dodge Viper will is committed to the 2012 season with Dean Kearney so you rowdy Irish fans will get to see Dean driving for SHR no matter what this year.

1. lifer says:

I wonder if big name TV companies like Samsung, Panasonic, and Sharp will start sponsoring drivers since FD has gone 3D.

2. Dean Kearney says:

Yes, we are fully committed to running again with SHR in the Dodge Viper that we ended 2011 so well with. currently working on securing new partners to join the SHR program.

Sad to split from V-LEDS for 2012, they are friends and family now than just a sponsor but business comes first! Who knows in the future we may work together again in Formula DRIFT?!?

Thanks again to Jake and Nicole from V-LEDS for their continued support since my rookie year in 2010 and I hope to see you both in LBC in April.

DK#43.

3. Johnny-O says:

I remember last year, everyone swore that his car was the problem, and the new team would bring better results.

He finished 26th in 2010 – http://formulad.com/standings/2010.php – no finish higher than top 16

Then this year, new team, new sponsors, the Irish sack-riders swore he’d finish top 10… guess what?

Finished 20th – http://formulad.com/standings/2011.php still no finish better than top 16.

Maybe people will stop blaming the car…

4. Matt Kearney says:

I work for Panasonic and they very well may be interested in sponsorship. I can pull a few strings and get you in front of the right people. DK, any chance I can get some pit tickets for LB? I live down the street and that would be epic!

5. YOitzJDM says:

new watermark on the image? is wrecked working on some fancy pants stuff coming up?

6. Johnny o s. mother says:

Fuck you Johnny o having to adjust to new car and at that an outdated driftcar plus if you have the brain capacity to remember when they changed setup how much better he was in the car watch out for him this year new updated fd ride more experience and most of all determination and also your little Irish dig little Internet tough guy Irish drifters best in Europe and super competitive on international level dmac ring any bells !! Dick

7. Johnny o s. mother says:

8. Matt says:

F you Johnny o having to adjust to new car and at that an outdated driftcar plus if you have the brain capacity to remember when they changed setup how much better he was in the car watch out for him this year new updated fd ride more experience and most of all determination and also your little Irish dig little Internet tough guy Irish drifters best in Europe and super competitive on international level dmac ring any bells

9. Dean Kearney says:

haha – easy boys and girls! i predicted this as much as any post on here.

In the past i have spoke openly about car unreliability and rightfully so – if the car is unreliable, its hardly any reflection on me or any driver in a professional series? i am first to admit when i drive crap or make mistakes like in vegas but until Evergreen last season i dont think it takes a rocket scientist to see that SHR as a team were having a tough time of it.

Just to refresh memories from my season alone:

Rd1: 2 engines blew up in testing – T32 vs Rhys in a V6 Viper.
    Rd2: Steering rack/lock issues – T32 vs TMcQ
    Rd3: Steering rack/lock issue but fluid leaks prevented Qualifying runs being permitted – DNQ.
    Rd4: Steering rack fixed – but even less lock to prevent leaks – T32 vs Dai.
    Rd5: New steering spindles engineered – T16
    Rd6: Good qualifying, mistake against Pat Mordaunt – my fault.
    Rd7: Car ran flawlessly for the 3rd round in succession – T16 vs overall man on a mission winner TmcQ.

Yes my overall standings IN MY OPINION are not a reflection of the work and dedication to the team and sport but we will bounce back and with a reliable season a top 10 is not a daunting task by any stretch of the imagination.

Even Jr was unlucky to make Top 10 overall thanks to 1 bad round so reliability in the car and driver are both key to a strong and consistent season.

DK#43.

10. Dean Kearney says:

@Matt Kearney – another Kearney in LA! Small world – got your message on my FB Fanpage – keep in touch closer to the date cos I have friends and family that always attend rd1.

11. Matt Kearney says:

Yeah small world for sure. I would love to attend the event and see it from a street level so yeah, I’ll just reach out to you via FB closer to the event. On another note, I got a message from Ian and I am discussing potential Panasonic Sponsorship with him. I spoke with some of the designers in Marketing earlier and they are giving me names of the right suits to ask if and how this can happen. I’ll keep in touch with Ian and keep fingers crossed for this to happen. You kill it already and even more so with corporate backing.

12. lifer says:

Thats awesome Matt and Dean! I’m glad I threw it out there about those companies for sponsorship. Best of luck to you and your team!