Scion FR-S / Toyota GT 86 Final Production Models [SNAPSHOTS]

Here are some Toyota GT 86 (or Scion FR-S for us in America) images posted by a Japanese website from the big release they have done on the car now in Japan. The car has a Subaru boxer engine which has been rumored well in the past. The interior has a simplistic feel which I would expect from a Scion branded car and a nice three pod gauge cluster just above the radio. I really love the gauge cluster of the car and hope the USDM market gets an identical one.

This is the car now going to be what Ken Gushi is starting with for a 2012 Formula Drift project car. The car looks quite different from the concept car we saw at the 2011 SEMA Show. I love the car from some angles and I am not thrilled about it right now from other angles but I think it should grow on me over time. What do you think about this new Scion FR-S?

Source: http://autoc-one.jp/toyota/report-908981/photo/

1. GregV says:

I can forgive the factory monster truck status but I don’t like how it looks like they stood on the windshield and used a baseball bat to apply the front emblem

2. Mat N. says:

Kinda dissapointed they went with a version heavily favoring the second concept, but some mods like a lower stance and different front bumper would look a lot better I wish it wasn’t so flat while the last red frs concept was very curvacious hopefully it will look and perform better after some shops have their way with it.

3. MannyNJ says:

Not feeling it nomore!!!

4. Aaron says:

They messed up. Concept 2 should have been production. Great lines and now what? A rx8??

5. SteveO says:

That black/red interior is hideous.

6. YOitzJDM says:

That hood badge is BOSS!!! too bad we won’t get it

7. Could we at least give it a real name with soul, like, oh, idk, Celica. I am so tired of auto companies assigning alphanumber soup to their cars. It’s a car, not a blender.

That’s a really cool car!

Duh it looks boring stock, if it looked perfect in OEM trim they wouldn’t have all the people who are like us spending more money to modify it.

With the concepts they’ve had, excited to see the TRD stuff that will come out.

And who puts a v8 in it. Woo woo.

9. Casey Crittenden says:

You really dont want to see the oversized STI style TRD spoiler…

10. Kids Heart says:

sexy car. Fingers crossed that it starts under $21k states side.

11. steve b. says:

that 86 emblem makes me think of the ninja turtles ooze container from the movie

12. Brooks says:

I can’t wait to get one and start building one. Time to find another fun DD. Still trying to figure out why there are 2 KPH/MPH gauges?
    Hope the offer a all black interior. Also the heated seats are a nice touch.

13. Shawn says:

Reminds me of a Honey Badger

14. T Malcolm says:

Is it just me or does it looks like the back end is a mash up of the cheap Chevy Cruz and a Mazda RX8? The front bumper is to short to maintaine body line flow that was looking so good in the concents. I am super bummed they made it that boring.

15. rotarypower says:

Not boosted from factory=boring and dissappointed