Walker Wilkerson Driving for Team Falken Tire in 2012?

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 In Formula D Rumors/Gossip Walker Wilkerson

Its the off season and rumors are starting to pop up left and right.  Walker Wilkerson just posted through his Facebook, and Twitter page that he’ll be driving a teal and blue Falken Tire silvia during drift demos at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. Since Tyler McQuarrie left Team Falken Tire there’s a seat to fill. Could Walker be hinting at whats to  from this 2012 Formula Drift season?

Casey Crittenden

I first got into drifting around 2006 after finding videos on YouTube. I ended up attending my first drift event in 2007 at Sonoma Raceway and was hooked. Wrecked Magazine offered me a job here in 2010 and since have been a freelance writer, and striving towards my own drift career.

ibeveryonestartshatingbecausetheythinkheisaselloutbecausetheydontrealizedriftingisexpensive

2. rich says:

I would love if he drove a sr20det powered car but business is business.

3. Chunky Munky says:

I KNEW IT!!! Good shit Walker! Can’t wait to see you kill it next season!

4. rotarypower says:

Lol after the way they treated Tyler who the hell would want to drive for falken next thing u know there will be posts of driver wearing chicken suits and doing janitoral work at the corporate office walker is such a cool guy and great driver hope they don’t.screw him too

Clyde Torkel’s Chicken Pit Drift Team.

6. SR23 says:

Dave Briggs posted a dyno preview of his ASD 2012 FD car, without showing the actual car but under it from the floor, and it sounds kinda heavy and loud… Tyler McQuarie used to drive a Z… not the s15… Maybe 2 seats are opened for the Falken ASD FD team…

7. SR23 says:

And Briggs is already running with Falken… Do the math… lol

8. hollywood says:

you guys a re ignorant. team falken is just that a team and in serach for the greater good you have to bow out and step asside for the team. in any other form of racing this is a normal thing. tyler is a good guy and i think there is more to the story than just vegas as to why tyler is leaving. stop being so naive and congratulate walker on getting a ride with the biggest team in the sport with the best car builders and tire support on the planet.

ps i think fd insider had an interview with falken that clearly layed out that this was going to happen.

9. Brad Heyl says:

Having the privilege of driving a car that any company is putting a lot of money and time into is a big deal! Congrats to Walker, he is a great driver who has worked hard to get where he is and he deserves it.

10. onebadmuthatrucka says:

“getting a ride with the biggest team in the sport with the best car builders and tire support on the planet”

one of the funniest quotes I have heard on the website in a long time…Get a clue guy!

11. Chunky Munky says:

@onebadmuthatrucka

Anyways, I talked to Bradford at Irwindale and he didn’t say too much about adding someone to the roster, but I could tell that it was definitely a possibility. I was pretty sure that Walker would get the spot on Falken since he ran Falkens all season and drove his ass off. Now the question is, what car will he drive? The S15 with the new V8, T-Macs old 350z, or will ASD go all ASD on his S13? My guess is that he’ll drive the S15, but since his 13 is LHD, he may drive the 350.

This is all IF he’s driving for Falken next year. All signs point towards it, but you never know.

12. Jesse Ian says:

The idea of putting Walker on the Falken team is a great idea. Like ChunkyMunky said, he ran Falken all season and worked his ass off and though things came up in the season, like rebuilding his motor mid-season and what not he still showed up at EVERY single event to try hard. I’m not saying other drivers didn’t try, but with Walkers fan base, winning the fan favorite, and only being 21 he would definitely get the popularity Falken likes to have, which with a huge company like that why would you not want that?

Like everyone’s saying it’s pretty clear Walker will be with Falken next season, it’s just a matter of which car. However, a lot of people will be very surprised if he does not get picked up by them.

13. MotorworldHype says:

I think he will have Falken support similar to the way they do with Ross Petty but I do not think he will be on the “Team”.

Part of the reason why the whole Tyler issue happend in the first place is because Falken needed to CUT a car, it just so happend that Tyler would have been the one who got cut if he did not decide to leave on his own before it got to that point.

So if Falken didn’t have the budget for his car then it likely means they will not “replace” Tyler at all.

My guess is that they well sell off Tyler’s car in Dubai and have a more focused 4 car core team (Dai, JTP, Vaughn, and D-MAC) for next year.

14. Nick says:

The refurbished V8 S15 is LHD now so I could see him in it for sure. I heard the rumor that his S-13 is being made into a demo car and that he will get a prime chassis.

15. DUBteez says:

so much speculation. from what jtp said during the fd banquet interview i doubt they will replace tmac but i could definitely see walker getting more support to the level of dai or petty. Falken would be smart to have a driver with a cool car that wasnt v8 swapped to help out with their “corporate” image. Walkers an awesome driver and person who deserves the help falken can provide.

16. Josh G. says:

I think if Falken is smart they’ll pick him up before someone else does..

17. matt says:

YEEEEESSS!!!!!! way to go Walker making the Northwest proud!!!!:)

18. Jelani says:

I agree with the hole team descison thing on haveing to make the better choice to get a team championship so wouldnt the best choice have been to put jtp in Vaughns car not the guy whos second highest in points on the team and also in the championship hunt, Vaughn is a G dont get me wrong i have mad respect for the guy, but if you wanna talk for the greater good of the team he had the worse season D Mac Tyler and JTP all did pretty good so…….. and congrats if the rumors true Walker i think its a awesome idea hes a good driver.

19. Roido 11 says:

@Chunky Munky
    “Tell me, who’s bigger than Falken in FD right now? Don’t worry, I’ll wait. I think you need to get a clue.”

What a come back! LMAO
    Still waiting I’m sure, where did he go?

20. onebadmuthatrucka says:

see the funny things is because these guys roll up to the track 4 or 4 deep in cars, and a tractor trailer, you automatically think they are the biggest / best in drift. Take into consideration what goes on behind the scenes, if you were in the know / then you would know. It doesnt take a genius!
    Tyler is one of the best out there, why would they downsize on him out of anyone else. His career is way more promising then JTP’s lucky run this yr!

21. hollywood says:

onebad your a fool to think that falken who shows up with 4 rigs and supports more cars in the field than any other tire company isnt the biggest. not to mention back to back championships for a tire company has to tell you that they are doing something right as a tire company and as a team. for you to tell me to get a clue when i worked with the company most the season (till i left kado to work on an oil rig (money son)) i think i have a better understanding of the inner workings of the company who fields more top ten race cars on the planet. so think before you speak.

walker will probably get good support like ross dose i cant see them passing him up like they did with asbo.

COME AT ME BRO !