Fredric Aasbo Is Coming for Formula D Irwindale As Well [CONFIRMED]

Posted on Sep 10, 2009 In Formula D International Rumors/Gossip

It looks like Dean Kearney isn’t the only European coming to drift in the United States for Formula Drift Round 7. Fredic Aasbo has been dominating the European scene and is ready to come back and face some American competition. Fredric will continue to run Falken Azenis when he returns to the states next month. It will be interesting to see how the Japan Auto Toyota Supra fairs at Irwindale Speedway and if Fredric is out seeking a way to stay in the United States for 2010.

For more information on Fredric Aasbo: http://www.fredricaasbo.com/

1. toegay says:

So cool to see the international drivers flock to Irwindale. It is like a world championship… sam 2x fd champ from sweden, tanner 2x fd champ from usa, rhys 1x fd champ from nz, miki 1x d1 champ from japan, ueo 1x d1 champ from japan, dmac 1x pro drift champ from ireland, o’sullivan 1x pro drift champ from ireland, dean kearney 1x pro drift champ plus dudes like verdier, now aasbo.

2. markm says:

So I saw this guy at Red Bull, very cool guy and cool supra too and I wonder whats with all the hype about these Scandinavian drivers…
    Fredric Aasbo is legit, 2008 Nordic Drift Series Champ and runner up in 2009, #1 in points in the Powerdrift Norwegian Drifting Series.

Then look up the 3 guys D1 was hyping up and I found nothing. There was a series called FPDA but it isnt even around any more. I think we all got duped!!!

My name is Juan Guzman and I am the drift king of Uraguay, can I get a D1 license?

3. Ed says:

also ryan tuerck, 2007 Drift Mania champion, and Matt Waldin, 2009 Drift Mania champion.

JR is a World All Star Champion 2x over, according to D1… if that counts for anything.

matt powers is the ziptied official unoffocial prince of FD officially. I read it on ziptied.com. Where keyboard cats roam.

4. Nick says:

Sort of disappointed there is no world championship this year, but this makes up for it quite a bit if all these awesome drivers keep saying they will head out for the event.

5. Matt says:

Mad Mike, where you at, want in on this? We are apprenetly making this the new World Series event.

6. markm says:

Oh hell yeah, Mad Mike, come blast my ears with those 4 rotors!!