Daijiro Yoshihara to Drive Ross Petty’s Old S13 [RUMOR CONFIRMED]

I just got done talking to Jonathon Bradford¬† from Falken Tires who confirmed with me that Daijiro Yoshihara’s Lexus IS350 will not be making it to Sonoma. He also told us that they are currently taking the old Falken Tires S13 driven in 2008 by Ross Petty and convereting it to Daijiro Yoshihara’s car for Sonoma.

The car is currently undergoing a Discount Tires exterior conversion along with some other minor custom changes he would not share with us. The good news is that Daijiro Yoshihara has a car and he will be drifting in Sonoma which is now just 8 short days away.

1. Cam says:

This car is boring…but so was the lexus

Poor dai is now sucked into the falken syndrom of being never quite right.

Hope he is with a diferent team next year.

2. Z says:

And wtf do you think is interesting? A NASCAR engine powerd scion?

3. DA Fan says:

Are you stupid Cam? It’s not like Falken is bringing this car back to be exciting, it’s a desperation move to get Falken a ride for Sonoma. Are you that dense?

The team is doing something remarkable given the time limit. If Daijiro was still with Pac. Rim and he wrote off a car that bad, I can assure you he would be selling t-shirts at the Pacific Rim booth instead of drifting. No offense to those guys but Falken and their resources are getting a job done.

4. Cam says:

DA Fan

Of course I’m stupid, I’m still waiting for drifting overall in the USA to become fun again!

This is boring, Dai is having a horrible year… and its just getting worst.

Team falken ruined Dai… if he was on Pac Rim or RMR, this crash would have never happened.

2nd event in a row a team falken guy has had a hard crash in PRACTICE!!!

5. Ken Gushi says:

Awesome Dai!!

6. Heather says:

After all these years Cam is still a loser!

7. Chubby Chaser says:

I think he’ll do well in it. Mr. Petty knows how to build cars and Dai ruled in the Pacific Rim S13.

8. Marty says:

Ugh,replacing the Falken livery with DiscountTire. The car is going to be ugly now.

Where is the DTC S13 Seigo drove?

9. Creek Johnson says:

There is a two part story to this build that will all make sense once the car hits the track. I’m sure the guys at Falken will be more then happy to share once this information can be made available.

10. Cam says:

LOL Heather!!!

I forgot all about you, yes I’m still a loser. But I call it how i see it. And how I see it is how it is, no cooperate sponsors here keeping me from speaking the truth about these teams.

11. George K says:

Is Cam Calvin Wan?
    Wow thats brave.

12. Cam says:

George, I’m not calvin wan.

Calvin would never say such things about his team, not because it isnt true, but he is just too nice of a guy for that.

Calvin: Brotary brother 4 lyfe…lol

13. [...] the finishing touches ready for Formula D Sonoma this weekend. We already reported to you that Daijiro Yoshihara would be in Ross Petty’s old car. I also showed some mobile photos from the accident but we are now ready for Formula D Sonoma and [...]